Go to navigation (press enter key)

News

Stephen Dahnert named Vice President for Finance and Administration

Stephen Dahnert, who has worked in a wide range of financial roles for Vassar over the past 23 years, has been named the College’s new Vice President for Finance and Administration.  Dahnert had been Acting Vice President since July 2016.

A graduate of Muhlenberg College with a master’s degree from the College of William & Mary and an MBA from Columbia University, Dahnert arrived at Vassar in 1995, and has served in such positions as Director of Investments, Associate Vice President for Financial Services and Treasurer.  As Vice President, he will oversee the work of about 200 employees in such areas as Budget and Finance, Facilities Operations, Accounting Services, and Human Resources.

Prior to coming to Vassar, Dahnert worked as a development officer at the University of Pennsylvania and Trinity College (Hartford).   In the Hudson Valley, he is involved with numerous community organizations and boards, and currently serves on the investments committee of the Community Foundations of Dutchess and Ulster Counties.

“I am personally grateful to Steve for his support and guidance over these first few months of my presidency,” said Vassar’s President, Elizabeth Bradley. “I quickly learned that in addition to having thorough knowledge of the roles and functions of the Finance and Administration division, Steve has a deep commitment to the mission of the College and the welfare of all of us who live, work and study here.”

Vassar College is a coeducational, independent, residential liberal arts college founded in 1861 and based in Poughkeepsie, New York.

Posted by Office of Communications Thursday, February 22, 2018